The Academic Section functions under the direction and control of the Registrar of the University and performs the functions in line with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Universities Act 2012, Statutes made thereunder and the Rules in vogue.
Academic Section is responsible for all aspects of the academic matters of the University and includes the following:
- Formation of Authorities of the University such as: The Senate, the Syndicate and the Academic Council.
- Formation of other Statutory bodies of the University such as: The Board of Faculties, the Boards of Studies, the Affiliation Committee, the University Discipline Committee, the Advanced Studies and Research Board, the Finance and Planning Committee, the Selection Board etc.
- Formation of bodies/Committees provided for under various Statutes, Rules and Regulation of the University such as: the Board for Management of Funds etc.
- Conducts meeting of the Senate and the Academic Council.
- Processing the cases for appointment of the Deans of the faculties and the Chairmen of the Teaching Departments.
- Conduction of Election to various constituencies of the Senate, the Syndicate and the Academic Council.
- Framing/approval of Statutes, Rules and Regulations of the Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University.
- Amend Statutes, Rules and Regulations through bodies.
- Approve schemes of Studies pertaining to BS, M.A/M.Sc., LL.B and B.Ed. and M.Phil./Ph.D. from the relevant bodies.
- Provide guidance on Statutes, Rules and regulations etc.
- Notify change of official timings, Summer Vacations, Spring/Winter Recess and other holidays.
- Performance evaluation of Faculty members appointed on Tenure Track System.
- Disbursement of Laptops under the Prime Minister Laptop Scheme.
- Any other task incidental to the above-stated responsibilities or assigned by the authorities.