MA Political Science
The programme seeks the following objectives for its students:
- To explain theories, institutions, processes and international relations that shape modern politics.
- To educate women about political systems of Pakistan, focusing upon the nation’s political institutions, political culture, policies and foreign relations.
- Develop critical reasoning, coherent analytical writing and speaking, moral and ethical awareness in students.
- To enhance students’ research skills and prepare them to apply the knowledge and ideas of the discipline to contemporary questions in their specialized fields and to their own political community.
- To make them responsible citizens cognizant of the institutions and processes of government.
- Prepare students for a variety of professional careers in fields such as foreign policy, politics, media, think tanks, NGOs and INGOs, and public services etc.