BS Economics (4 Years)
BS economics is a dynamic program that emphasize all around competence in economics. The course of study develops a more intensive background in math and statistics in the first 4 semesters, reflecting the quantitative character of modern economics. Taking courses in this program will not only allow the students to understand how the economy works but will instill all the necessary skills for jobs in the related fields. This four years long course is designed to make essential economic concepts very clear and students should be able to use them in analyzing real-world issues.
In first year the study micro (effects of individual decisions) and macroeconomics (large-scale or general economic factors) instill the conceptual and theoretical understanding combined with basic mathematics and statistical tools to provide the necessary quantitative foundation for the study of economics. 2nd year is more about understanding of the contemporary economic issues, while 3rd and 4th years gives advanced and research oriented knowledge to the students with a focus on core economic policy and principles.
Mission Statement of Program
The department of economics aims to provide quality graduates in the field of economics by educating female students to possess high professional competence combined with humanistic and moral values and to educate them to tackle the real life economic problems and inculcating in them a problem solving approach.
Objectives of the Program
The Program will
- Orient the students with the basic economic concepts.
- Develop the analytic and problem solving skills of the students.
- Prepare the students with necessary abilities to apply economic theory in problem solving of developing countries particularly Pakistan.
- Orient the students with functioning of various institutions and policies adopted in different countries.
- Develop excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Enable the students to understand the basic research techniques for various economic based research problems.
- Develop the capacity of the students in understanding different economic problems and issues in the global scenario.
- Provide the students an understanding of multi disciplines other than economics.
- Create such a learning environment that enhances the personality grooming and ethical values of both the students and the faculty.