Directorate of Sports
DIRECTORATE OF SPORTS
Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women University Peshawar is the first female university established in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is expanding its excellence not only in academics but in the area of female sports both at provincial & national level. The directorate strives to motivate the entire campus community to come together to realize its sporting potential within a large variety of games and tournaments, played both inside and outside of the beautiful campus. Sporting activities in universities are important for students to inculcate healthy and positive values like patience, confidence and discipline and urged the universities for regularly holding sports events to promote healthy trends in the society. Women will bring laurels in the realm and emphasized the need for encouraging girls’ sports events. Post pandemic the new normal conditions phase will have the facility functioning for physical fitness and building good health that will help in physical development, coordination, strength, endurance, tolerance and numerous other benefits which has taken a prime focus in our lifestyles post Covid-19 period. Playing physical sports for development of mental health and physical fitness of the body which was became a necessary health factor during the pandemic. Inspiring Future female Athletes at the Grassroots Level is our vision. A strategy that will champion this vision of equality for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa women and girls in sport and active recreation. Achieving top female players skill level with good facilities and finding new avenues to explore in games that encompasses games coaching, sports Management skills, Sport Psycho and sports journalism for coverage of women’s sport besides being top level players will help to raise the profile of our students and job opportunities in the field of sports. The Directorate The university has a dedicated Directorate of Sports since January, 2009 prior to that sports activities were looked after by faculty members is responsible for the overall sports activities supervision and looks after all indoor and outdoor facilities at campus. Sports on the campus, coordination in organizing sports of all the affiliated colleges at university. University teams of all the games of teaching departments representing University at National level.
- Providing indoor and outdoor facilities & opportunities to students for becoming National level players.
- Organizing sports events and competitions for female at school, colleges and university level.
- Ensure access to sufficient, high quality sports facilities from grassroots level till university to train a national and international level female players.
- Creating opportunities for sports and physical activity that will contribute to student’s perceptions and experience of well-being and sense of attachment to their surroundings.
- Sports contributes towards economic and skill market of the country through employment and skills development. New avenues from the field in the form of professional games coaching & umpiring, sports event management, sport psycho and sports journalism are some of them.