Directorate of Sports
Aims & Objectives
- To provide facilities and opportunities to talented students and explore the high class players in every discipline of sports.
- To conduct sports competitions with (inter department/intra departments/ colleges) inside the institute.
- To ensure access to sufficient, high quality sports facilities that are fit for purpose.
- Opportunities for sports and physical activity contribute to student’s perceptions and experience of well-being and sense of attachment to their surroundings.
- Sports directly and indirectly contributes to local and national economic vibrancy through employment and skills development.
General and Qualitative Objectives
- Sports facilities are the basic need of the students which keep them-mental & Physically fit/healthy for study and working.
- It will keep the students spiritually, moral and socially healthy among the community.
- It may produce best players at national and international level in Cricket, Football, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Badminton, Tennis and athletics.
- Students will able to face future challenges with confidence.
- It will prevent the young students from smoking, drugs and narcotics materials etc.
- They will become hard worker.
- They will become punctual, disciplined & obedient.
- They will gain awareness of day to day situations / challenges.
- The Sports facilities will help to develop volunteerism.
- The university will launched sports events to cater not only the mind & soul but, also the body of the students. These sports facilities will also provide opportunity to practice more effectively because at present the students are deprived of such place to do their games and other practices.