Education Tomorrow is our Goal for Today
Education is the backbone of every nation. “Education is the third eye of a man.” Education is only the weapon by which one can fight and conquer the battle of life. The education has been a very essential part of the different civilization of the world in historical perspectives.
Many countries have carved their names in the history of the world because of their well educated society and citizens. Education is the delivery of knowledge and skill. Though this delivery of knowledge is taking place everywhere in our country but it is not effective. According to literacy definition (as in 1998 census) an educated person is the one who can read and write a simple letter in any language. The education is defined as, “The process of receiving or giving systematic instruction”.
Quality Education is need of the day. Nations are built on the basis of strong foundation and quality education in Science and Technology. In today’s world cut throat competition those nations are respected and enjoy a position in the community of nations who are committed to achieve and accomplish something for the welfare of his fellows beings. Unless and until we give up the short cuts in all spheres of human endeavours, we, as a nation, cannot move advance in any walk of life. Our education system, economy, health, politics, governance and social relationships are not what they should have been as a nuclear and leading muslim state.
Quality education owe its strength to observance of merit, tolerance and respect the rights of others. Unless, we manifest what is in the canvas in our lives we neither become good Muslims nor good human beings!
The university, being a higher seat of learning is a place where all human virtues and qualities are polished and groomed. A person who fails to achieve the virtues of life at the university is regarded as a total failure.Education is the tool that can surely bring positive change in any society. It is the only mean to develop oneself physically, socially, mentally and economically as well. If this tool will not function properly then the whole nation will collapse. So the need of time is that everyone must get united to make our education system one of the best in the world and to compose our young generation in such a way that they can compete with any nation in the field of education.
The present trend of acquiring theoretical education, and some technical education has seated despondency and deprivation in our youth. The phrase that education should be gained from the sake of knowledge and not employment is obsolete. The ground reality is that education in the known disciplines from A to Z is acquired for the sake of improving one’s living economically and socially.In a country where half of the population is living below the poverty line how come education be gained for the sake of knowledge and not for livelihood. A middle class child who obtain a Master Degree in Academic Discipline and remain without a job to manage his needs, what do we expect of him.
After 65 years of independence we have not yet set our priorities and are still bombinating in the void. The policy of drift is being practiced throughout. Knowing that education is the backbone of a nation. When the backbone is defective how come the nation will sustain itself.It is high time that we ponder and contemplate seriously the issue of streamlining our education system and make it meaningful and productive in order to bring positive trend in the society.It is a matter of extreme disgrace that we cannot manage our education system and bow down to the donors and adopt their dictated policies every now and then which add further confusion to the prevailing state of confusion. Unless we create self reliance and self confidence in ourselves as individuals and as a nation we will further degenerate in every respect.
Virtues of Education
- Education is an essential human virtue. Man becomes ‘man’ through education. He is what education makes him. It has been rightly said that without education, man is a splendid slave, reasoning savage.
- Education is necessary for society. Man cannot be conceived merely in terms of his biological existence. Education brings into focus the social aspect of man. Education signifies man’s supreme position in society.
- An individual is made up of different entities. It is Education that brings about the integration of these separate entities.
- Education teaches what man lives and struggle for. It cultivates an integrated life. By so doing it gives significance of life.
- Education is a sign of superiority. Aristotle wrote, “Educated men are as much superior to uneducated as the living are to the dead.”
- Education is a sign of freedom. Epictetus had declared, “Only the educated are free.”
- Diogenes felt that “Education is a controlling grace to the young, consolation to the old wealth to the poor and ornament to the rich.”
- Education is an essential basis of good life. A man becomes a human being in the real sense when he is transformed from primarily an animal being into a human being.
In short, education is an essential concomitant of all human societies. “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul”, says Addison.